At Ecolawn, we are pioneers in controlling and managing noxious weeds in Heber-Midway, Park City and Salt Lake City, UT. We not only evaluate your land for noxious weeds, but we form a long-range plan and a team to reduce noxious weeds from your property.
We provide these services to local governments, HOAs, property managers and residential properties.
What Are Noxious Weed Control Services?
At Ecolawn, we provide noxious weed control to help homeowners and landowners to comply with Utah’s Rule R-68-9 Utah Noxious Weed Act. Weed control is a normal part of a residential lawn care program. However, our noxious weed control services handle noxious weeds differently compared to typical lawn weeds.
Utah Weed Control Association classifies noxious weeds into A, B and C types based on the weeds’ population throughout Utah. Here are the seven most common noxious weeds found in the Wasatch Range, UT:
- Dalmatian Toadflax
- Dyers Woad
- Hoary Cress (white head)
- Thistle (Canada, Musk and Scotch).
We use a product called Milestone to destroy noxious weeds in the early stages. When noxious weeds reach full maturity, it requires the plant to be taken down carefully to prevent seed heads from depositing new seeds.
Milestone is not an organic weed control product, but it’s on the EPA’s list of reduced-risk herbicides.
When you hire us to deal with your property’s noxious weeds, we’ll walk on your property to take a noxious weed evaluation. Then our technicians will apply Milestone to young weeds.
For weeds that have reached maturity, we collaborate with a company that will provide mechanical services to remove the stalks and seed heads for you. It’s impossible to kill the noxious weed seed heads using Milestone, so our partners will remove the seed heads carefully from the plant.
Then our technicians can spot spray the plants’ crown and surrounding weed leaves to destroy the remaining part of the plant and any of its offshoots.
Who’s the Right Client for Noxious Weed Control?
The right customers for Ecolawn’s noxious weed control program include property owners with non-lawn areas. For example, we work with many government agencies that own trailheads or property owners with pastures and fields.
We help to keep biking and hiking trails open for use as well as fields and pastures manageable by removing noxious weeds.
Noxious weed control is also for people who are concerned with the environment and who own property. Noxious weeds put the surrounding environment off-balance by their growth and seed dispersion.
Another type of customer includes homeowners who may have noxious weeds growing on the outskirts of their property. Homeowners may face fines and liens on their homes for out-of-control noxious weeds on their property.
What’s the Real Value of This Service to Property Managers and Local Government Agencies?
The real value of Ecolawn’s noxious weed control program not only consists of getting rid of current noxious weeds but also creating a program to manage these weeds in the future.
For example, some of these weeds grow up to 12’ to 20’ tall. Noxious weeds block trails, and they’re potentially poisonous to dogs and horses. Noxious weeds are invasive and can take over an area if they’re not correctly controlled.
Noxious weeds will take over native grasslands and ruin the pastoral flow of a meadow. Also, your neighbors don’t like to see noxious weeds on your property because the seed heads will disperse onto their property—costing them money and time to get rid of these weeds.
What Does Noxious Weed Control Do?
When you hire us at Ecolawn, we start your noxious weed control program by first assessing the extent of noxious weeds on your property. Our noxious weed control services are different from regular lawn care assessments. For example, homeowners can upload pictures of their weed problems to our customer service web site for an evaluation.
Our technicians need to visit your property in person to see your noxious weeds firsthand. We need to observe the extent of your weed infestation, design a plan to get those noxious weeds under control as well as set up a plan to destroy the plants already dotting your pasture or field.
We also need to take note of where these noxious weeds are located. Noxious weed control is not a one-size-fits-all program. Indeed, if noxious weeds are near wetlands, or too close to the city limits, we need to design a plan that involves controlling the weeds without polluting local waterways and killing beneficial insects.
We don’t handle any mechanical services. Instead, we hire a landscaping company who owns heavy equipment. There are times where we have to remove noxious weeds using no weed controls because of a wetland, streams or the weeds are too close to city limits.
We hire contractors who own heavy equipment such as bush hogs, Bobcats, and weedwackers to handle any mechanical weed removal.
We’ll visit your property three times throughout the season to make a note of the weed control’s progress in eliminating noxious weeds from your property. We’ll also coach you in best management practices to keep noxious weeds off your property or at least keep them under control.
How Ecolawn’s Noxious Weed Control Program Benefits You
Our noxious weed control program helps both city agencies as well as private property owners in Heber-Midway, Park City and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Local government agencies benefit by having open trailheads that are safe for walkers and horseback riders to take their pets on your trails. Your trails look balanced, safe and manageable. We also make the local area look beautiful without these large weeds competing for open space.
Some of these noxious weeds are poisonous to dogs and horses. So, we remove them to keep your pets safe while walking or riding them on Park City or Salt Lake City’s regional trails.
- Property owners and HOAs benefit by hiring a “one-stop shop” for all of their noxious weed problems. At Ecolawn, we’re willing to make extra visits, help form a plan to control noxious weeds with minimal impact on the local environment, educate homeowners through workshops with their HOAs, and take the burden off property managers dealing with noxious weeds.
What It’ll Cost You Not to Use Ecolawn’s Noxious Weed Control Program
We’re the only organic noxious weed control provider in the area. We take a holistic approach to noxious weed control, and we have contracts with government agencies in Heber-Midway, Park City and Salt Lake City to manage noxious weeds on their trails and open areas.
Here eight costs associated with not using our noxious weed control program:
- You risk getting a lien on your house: It’s against the law not to control noxious weeds on your property.
- You’ll have to deal with government agriculture or other agencies to get a plan drawn up to control noxious weeds on your property.
- Noxious weeds make your property look sloppy and unbalanced.
- Noxious weeds negatively impact your property’s soil making it difficult for native plants to grow, and they take over your pasture or range.
- Noxious weeds take away from the beauty of Utah’s natural landscapes.
- You, your children and pets risk injury from allowing noxious plants to grow on your property. As noted earlier, some noxious weeds are poisonous to dogs and horses. And some could be harmful to children if they pick up and eat the seedpods.
- If you’re a DIY’er, you need to handle all of the mechanical and herbicide controls. It’s hard work to remove noxious weeds—especially when they reach 6’, 12’ and even 20’.
- If you don’t understand how to use weed controls, you could end up over-applying herbicides which run-off into waterways or kill native plants, insects and pollinators.
What Can You Expect from Ecolawn’s Noxious Weed Control Service?
When you hire us at Ecolawn to design a program to remove and manage noxious weeds on your property, you can expect to get results. Here are three expectations of Ecolawn’s noxious weed control program:
- Significant reduction of noxious weeds to a tolerable and acceptable threshold: You won’t be able to rid your property of noxious weeds completely because they’re invasive. In the future, we hope to find a high-quality product to eradicate noxious weeds from the Heber-Midway, Park City and Salt Lake City’s landscapes. Currently, we have a holistic, minimally invasive program to manage noxious weeds on your property.
- Your acreage will look manicured without these tall weeds scattered across your property: You will again experience balance and tidiness when your land isn’t dotted with these noxious weeds.
- You can start fresh the next growing season with a clean property: We guarantee a significant reduction of noxious weeds on your property. Our goal is to get your large property or trails down to no more than 10 noxious weeds per year. When your property is cleaned up from noxious weeds, you can renew your contract with us to visit your property three times per year to keep the noxious weed population under control.
We back up our claims through testimonials and our gallery. Look at our customers’ before and after pictures.
Plus, our experience and our customers’ satisfaction is evident. We have hundreds of happy customers. Also, we have an excellent reputation in the Wasatch Range area for our noxious weed control program. We provide services to
- Government agencies
- Private homeowners and property owners.
Why Ecolawn is the Right Choice for Noxious Weed Control
Ecolawn is the first organic lawn care company in the Salt Lake City, Park City and Heber-Midway, UT region to develop a comprehensive noxious weed control program.
Rob Ah Ping, the owner of Ecolawn, learned about the noxious weed lifecycle, the time of year to treat them and then, he designed a program to keep your noxious weeds under control.
If you choose to go with cheaper lawn service, you’re risking the following:
- Technicians who don’t know how to remove and destroy noxious weeds properly.
- The wrong herbicides may be used to kill noxious weeds.
- If the lawn service’s crews spray with abandon, herbicides will run off into Utah’s waterways poisoning wildlife.
- Cheaper lawn services don’t take the time to find the root cause of noxious weeds and create a program that benefits the local eco-system. Instead, their solutions are more of a band-aid variety, a temporary fix for an ongoing problem.
- The lawn service may inadvertently kill wildlife, native plants and pollinators.
At Ecolawn, we provide
- A product that is safe to use.
- We care about the environment by reducing the amount of wasted product used on noxious weeds.
- We also use an eco-friendly program focused on effective management of noxious weeds.
- We’ll catch noxious weeds at an earlier stage to reduce the amount of herbicides and mechanical services done to repair your property.
- We use eco-friendly products to protect the environment.
- At Ecolawn, we get to the root of the problem by diagnosing the soil and other conditions favoring noxious weed growth.
How We Deliver Our Noxious Weed Control Services
When you hire us at Ecolawn to control your noxious weeds, we use a variety of equipment and tools, such as
- Electric and pump backpacks
- 400-gallon tanks mounted on trucks
- Riding sprayers.
The terrain and the property size determines what pieces of equipment we use to apply noxious weed control to your property. Our goals include using the least amount of herbicides on your property as well as using equipment that removes noxious weeds without harming the property’s other native plants.
We’re currently trying a new strategy by placing native plants that can detoxify the noxious weeds as well as covering the ground to make it difficult for noxious weeds seeds to start germinating.
Ultimately, we want to get rid of noxious weeds through native plants. We’re committed to a cleaner weed removal system.