What makes us eco-friendly?
Environmentally friendly or environmentally-friendly, (also referred to as eco-friendly, nature-friendly, and green) are sustainability and marketing terms referring to goods and services, laws, guidelines and policies that claim reduced, minimal, or no harm upon ecosystems or the environment." Wikipedia Definition of Eco-Friendly Business
Our goal is to give clients a great lawn with the least amount of non-organic product possible.
- On average we start out with a 30-40% reduction in (N) for the season (per 1000 square foot). Our goal is each year to reduce more and more.
- We have replaced cheap sources of N with better, higher quality sources. One prime example is our liquid 39-0-0 source of N, it has slow release built into it VS 46-0-0 all quick release. Other examples are the no-salt nitrogen sources like N-22.
- We use slow releases as much as possible to minimize runoff.
- Our goal is to strengthen, add to, and balance the soil organisms in a lawn. When the soil biology is balanced, a lawn will require significantly fewer amounts of fertilizer and product to make it green and healthy. Our goal is to get reduce the amount of fertilizer used by 75%, replacing that with compost tea treatments, which are 100% natural. Our compost teas are made from organic worm compost and brewed for over a day to increase microorganism population. It takes time to build and convert a lawn but as we do, we are replacing fertilizer (organic or non-organic) with all-natural soil food. Reducing fertilizer (organic, non-organic) means reducing impact and inputs on the earth.
- As our teas restore balance to the soil you will see a massive decrease in insect and fungus, which means not having to put down insecticides or fungicides. The organic matter we put down, such as the compost teas, ensure that beneficial insects and fungus are more present and able to fight off those issues naturally.
- We hire educated, technicians who are continually trained to mindfully make environmentally smart choices each day. The techs are the ones handling the products and are trained to only use what is needed and to follow all labels exactly. This is one of the most important things we do to minimize impact.
- We spot-treat for weeds whenever we can, minimizing the usage of weed controls. We have a range of weed control from traditional to eco-friendly to organic. As we restore balance to the soil through our teas and organic inputs, we are able to naturally reduce the number of weeds that grow in the lawn.
- We are learning and improving constantly. We have someone on staff whose main focus is to research and find new products and methods to help us achieve our goal of having beautiful lawns and minimal impact on the environment.