Noxious Weed Control
A noxious weed is a plant that the government has designated as harmful to crops, animals, habitats, or entire ecosystems.Many of them are invasive. They choke out native plants and crops, ruin trails and recreation areas, and even poison animals. Under Rule R-68-9 Utah Noxious Weed Act, you must take action if these plants are on your property. Your neighbors will probably thank you too! Some of the most common noxious weeds in our Utah area include:
- Thistle (Scotch, Musk, Canada, Yellowstar)
- Dyers Woad
- Dalmation Toadflax
- Hoary Cress (White Top)
- Spring Treatment – Late April- Mid May
- Early Summer Treatment – June/July
- Early Fall/Fall Treatment – Aug – Sept
What do we use to control noxious weeds?
Our main weed control is Milestone, a specialty herbicide. It was designed to kill nasty weeds in native areas, trails, pastures, and open spaces. It is not an organic product but is considered one of the lower impact products on the market that has proven to be effective.
Milestone is labeled to kill over 50 types of weeds including thistles, Henbane, Knapweed, Henbit, Oxeye Daisy, Chicory, Horseweed, Curly Doc, Yarrow, and even Ragweed.
It is registered as an EPA “reduced risk pesticide.” It has such a low toxicity that it is considered non-toxic to human, fish, bees, and birds. Once applied it is broken down by soil microbial activity very quickly and does not leach through soil. It will not injure desired grasses.
In areas that do not have desired grasses or vegetation we can use a non-selective herbicide called Finalsans. This is an organic non-selective weed control made by Neudorff. Its active ingredient is soap of fatty acids.
Milestone is registered by Dow AgroSciences LLC under the EPA Reg. NO. 62719-519
Our Noxious Weed control treatment prices start at $80
What to expect:
- We send an email notification at least a day in advance of each visit.
- We spray your noxious weeds.
- The day after treatment, we send you an invoice that you can pay online.
- Weeds begin to curl within 2 weeks. Expect some weeds to die slower than others and expect new weeds to emerge every week.
- We return every 6 weeks during the season.
You Can Trust